Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shopping Bonanza

Tuesday, August 4th 11:15 P.M.

I've never enjoyed my shopping at Target so much. Today the new and improved Pridgen family went to Target to pick up some things for Isabel. We did not realize we were in need of a Hello Kitty alarm clock. Last night Isabel indicated that she needed a bedside clock so we added that and several other things to our list. We now also proudly own a Hello Kitty electric toothbrush. We think Hello Kitty will fit in perfectly with our family. However, if our preexisting kitty, Tigger, doesn't calm down Hello Kitty may be the only kitty in this house. How quickly priorities change.

Shopping doesn't come quite as easily to Isabel as it does to most children. Today as we walked by the bicycles we told Isabel that soon we would get her a bicycle. She gave us the "no, no" finger. It was funny because we both turned around, smiled and said, "yes, you will learn to ride a bike, and swim too." As we walked down the toy aisle we told her that it would be fine to pick out a toy. Toy after toy we would stop and say "Do you like this?" Her response was that same little wagging "no, no" finger. We did get her a badminton set and a few other outdoor toys.

Next we headed to the Fresh Market in Chattanooga to check out their Asian section. Isabel didn't want a toy, but boy did her face lite up in the produce section. It looks like Isabel will soon have the Pridgens eating healthier.

Isabel met her first American friend tonight. We went over to the Carlsons for Isabel and Rachel to meet. Children can communicate in ways adults and children cannot. I can tell that the two will be great friends. I'm so glad that Isabel has such a sweet friend and role model.

She was worth the wait and adding pleasure to our lives.
Hugs and kisses to all.

Will, Marla, and Isabel

5 comments:

  1. ah~~Isabel met Rachel finally~~its great to let Isabel make friends with other kids.And i want to make friends with the lovely girl ,Rachel too~~
    All prayers for you 3~~~~
    Yan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fun it must be to see "things" through new eyes. It seems you must be communicating very well.
    Marla, Will, and Isabel, God must have had you three in mind from the very beginning of the adoption process. ENJOY!
    Love you all,
    Aunt Marj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel has been almost as excited as you about Isabel. She is ready to be Isabel's BFF. Isn't it wonderful to have such a sweetheart of a friend close by!?


    The Fresh Market was a great idea. I thought you might need her to pick out things she would eat and did not know if a supermarket would be too much.

    I am eager to meet your Isabel. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I am going to keep telling myself that because I agree that she does not need to be overwhelmed.

    I have enjoyed getting to be a part of this big step in your lives.

    Tell Tigger to call me if she needs to vent.

    With continued prayers and thanksgiving,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH Marla...that bought back so many memories of when Kim Chi came and met Hannah Ridley.. Hannah had sent a letter and a picture with us to VN to give to Kim(we still have that today..) They are still very good friends and go to the same college.. what a wonderful journey you are on.. BUT unlike Isbel. Kim wanted to buy everything..LOL..
    We can't wait to meet her.....

    hugs to all of you
    deb, henri and kim chi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marla,
    Isabel has the sweetest little grin! I enjoyed meeting her today! I wanted to tell you that when I was trying to sneak out without disrupting your conversation with Molly, I said to Isabel "it was nice meeting you", I turned my head to say good-bye to you and she seemed to quietly say something. It may have been my imagination, but I think she was maybe saying something back, like "nice to meet you too"? I was surprised. That is a great social skill that some kids her age don't know to do. Or...maybe she was just saying...please let these babbling women stop talking!! Hee! Can't wait to see her more when she starts school.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete