Friday, August 7, 2009

Visit to "The" Kroger

Friday, August 7th-9:30 P.M.

You know I've never really enjoyed going to the grocery store, but today was a little different. Isabel and I had a grand time in the produce section this morning. I'm starting to think that if you sent this child a fruit basket she would just think it was the best gift ever. We bought some plums today, among other things, which I don't think she has tried before. She smells everything if it is new to her and she smelled the plums. So of course, I too, smelled the plums to see if they have a smell. They don't. So we filled up with fruits and went on. I wanted to stop at the bakery. Isabel, not so much. Throughout the store she picked out several things that she liked all of which were very healthy. I, on the other hand, wanted to get a bag of Cheetos. In the drink aisle Isabel picked up a 12 pack of Mountain Dew for Will without hesitation. She knows her father far to well. The next time I complain about going to the grocery store please remind me of what a fun time I had this morning. I really enjoyed it.

This evening we headed out for dinner. I promise we don't eat out everyday. This week has just been a little crazy. We didn't eat Chinese tonight... we ate Mexican! We thought that we would just try to make Isabel tri-lingual. She had chips and salsa and chicken fajitas. Of course, she had rice with her meal. However, she didn't really care for the black beans. We all had to eat with forks tonight. Next time we will pack our chopsticks before we head out. Won't a family eating with chopsticks at a Mexican restaurant blow people's minds.
The Pridgen family gives Garcia's restaurant 7 chopsticks.

This evening Yan, Isabel's English teacher, sent us an email.

Dear the Pridgens,
I am Yan , Isabel's English teacher in China ,do you still remember me ?
I knew from the blog, Meet Isabel, you have been home , and everything seems to go well~~
I am really happy about this. Time is the best gift from the God, so everything and everybody will be better and better.
I miss Isabel these days. I am always thinking of the days when we studyed together.
Tell Isabel I miss her. ~~
I showed the photos of you three for my family, and they said Marla looked pretty, and you are all nice~~
I really wish that I can meet you all again~~ If you come to Huidong, I will be your guide~ Or if I go to the States, please be my guide~~~~~
O(∩_∩)O~~
Could you please share something interesting in your life with me if you are free?? O(∩_∩)O~
By the way, if you need help, please please don't hasitate to write to me !
All love and prayers for you~~~~~
Yours,
Yan


We just think that Yan is the sweetest young lady. We are so happy that she was a part of Isabel's life. She is always welcome here and we would love for her to come.

She was worth the wait.
Hugs and kisses to all.

Will, Marla, and Isabel

3 comments:

  1. Marla,

    It was a joy to meet Isabel at school Thursday. I think she is going to fit in just right and she will never be anywhere where so many people want to take care of her and love her. Hey, maybe she could take over our Food Fridays and grocery shopping -- you know Dr. Hawkins wants us to be fit and healthy. Your family is often the topic of conversation and your blogs put smiles on our faces. We are just looking forward to when you and Isabel come back to Westwood and enjoy the love and support of your school family first hand.

    Thanks so much for keeping us up to date....
    Lots of Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew grocery shopping could be so much fun! It is so exciting to hear about Isabel's new experiences!

    Don't worry..we'll have her eating "cupcakes" in no time!

    Always thinking of you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla, each day I look forward to getting a glimpse of what you, Will and Isabel are experiencing. I'm just so excited for you!! Thanks again for doing this blog. I think I wouldn't have been able to stand it if I didn't know what was going on. Thank you again for sharing your journey with all of us!!! I'm so glad to hear to sound like your ol' self again. Can't wait to read more.
    The poem was beautiful!
    You're in our thought and prayers.
    lots of love,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete